Tuesday, January 19, 2010

You know what really grinds my gears?


Today I joined a random dungeon with this guy and his tank friend Lichborn. Geared in easily farmable ICC gear, and both sporting their SO HARD TO OBTAIN Ashen Verdict titles, these guys thought they were the best players in WoW. I believe both were from Smolderthorn. The rest of the group was filled out by a mediocre ret paly, a terrible arcane mage, and my resto druid Catform.

So we go through Nexus and these two wannabe elite players talk to each other in party chat as if they can't use guild chat or vent. No Putricide ten man kill and no achievements other than Boned and the Saurfang achievement. We make it to Keristrasza and I get a tell from the DK. "Just click yes." Knowing what he's about to do I respond with "Sure, if you tell your friend to gem correctly." (not a single ArP gem) I think to myself, goodbye mage, and then I see this:



That was the paladin. He barely said a word the entire instance and he wasn't, by far, the lowest dps in the group. I guess cause he was the group leader? I don't know. It was a pretty douchebag move. I didn't even kick yes. The vote passed before I was able to click anything. Oh and the DK did respond to what I said about the warrior's gems. "He's arms." Yeah. Bad players are bad, but this just takes the cake. Gear is giving so many shit guilds and shit players confidence that they're actually good. It annoys the hell out of me. I remember Katrin telling us about an alliance paladin that said "You guys will never see a gear score like mine" after the group complained about how terrible he was. He had a 5500 gearscore (pretty much every person in our guild is over 5500). Gotta love the players in these randoms and guilds that use gear to measure skill!

No comments:

Post a Comment